You have a picture in your head of the kind of parent you want to be. But sometimes, it feels out of reach.
I know that feeling all too well. In my early days of parenting, I was not being effective; in fact, I was sure I was wounding my children. It was my desire to be a healthier parent that enrolled me in healing my life. My 4 children deserved better than what I was capable of giving them.
Too many times I behaved in ways I was not proud of. And I chose to change that. It didn’t happen overnight, but it did happen.
If you want to become a more effective parent, it is possible. Being a parent can be a positive experience once you begin to re-train your thoughts and beliefs. That’s where affirmations come in.
How positive parenting affirmations work
Affirmations are declarations of intent.
They help you focus your energy on what you want as though it already exists. (That’s why they’re written in the present tense!)
As you focus on what you want, you shift your beliefs and you set what you want into motion so that it becomes your reality.
You can use affirmations for any area of your life: relationships, money, health, etc. Use these powerful affirmations, like I did, to help you become the parent you want to be.
10 Positive Affirmations for Parents
- I am a great mother/father.
- I am willing to learn and grow.
- I am grateful for the resources that continue to show up to help me be a great parent.
- I am a good role model to my children on how to take care of my mind, body, and spirit.
- We have a lot of fun and make fond memories in our family.
- I have patience when I need it most.
- I always speak to my child in a loving, kind tone of voice.
- I have good communication skills and am a good listener.
- All of my children feel safe and honored by me.
- I love how much joy this role gives me.
I recommend speaking these affirmations out loud 4-5 times a week until they become part of you.
Use the Carol Tuttle Healing Oil, I am nurtured as you speak the affirmations. This healing oil is specifically designed to support deep emotional healing and self-acceptance. You will feel emotionally restored with a sense of who you truly are.
What other affirmations come to mind as you read through them? Leave a comment below with your own personal affirmation. Inspire all the other mothers who will read this!
You can create the family experience you want most. Let these affirmations be a powerful tool to help make that happen.