Most people are guarded and nervous to some degree in social settings. Many of us put a lot of thought and energy into gatherings and worry about how we look or sound to others. You don’t have to be highly social to be comfortable in social settings. You can avoid social phobia when you understand who you are and how to roll with it. There are solutions to help with feelings of anxiety, empowering you to feel confident in social settings.
So, what do you do?
I have a powerful solution for you, so read on to eliminate your social anxiety with this easy trick.
Your Social Energy According to Your Energy Type
The first part of my powerful trick is in helping you have a better understanding of how you work. Have you already taken my quiz to understand your Energy Type? If not, take it now before you continue on.
Your Energy Type Determines Your Approach to Social Events
When you know more about yourself and your Energy Type, you will better understand how situations will make you feel, and you will be able to eliminate the feeling of needing to be something you aren’t! There are four Energy Types that explain how we express energy.
Extroverted/Outward-Moving Energy Types are Energy Types 1 and 3.
- Type 1 jumps forward in life. They are usually the most comfortable connecting with people because they can connect and disconnect their energy naturally.
- Type 3 push forward and learn as they go, so they are more comfortable with adapting to new situations and trying new things as their energy moves outward.
Introverted/Inward-Moving Energy Types are Energy Types 2 and 4.
- Type 2 draws energy through their emotional connections to check in with how they are feeling and frequently asks themselves how they feel about a situation. They have more empathy and worry about how others feel in the situation too.
- Type 4 will typically draw energy from their surroundings to consider what they think about the situation. They are more rational in their approach but can get caught in overthinking situations.
Understanding Your Energy Type Explains Your Thought Process
You might be wondering what you are doing wrong in social settings that lead to your social anxiety, but the answer is: nothing!
You aren’t doing anything wrong, but you don’t know how to accept yourself yet.
Your Energy Type naturally processes energy in this way and understanding how you operate will help you realize your strengths and limitations.
- Type 1 will easily connect with people, but may struggle to form deep meaningful connections if they aren’t intentional about it and may flake on commitments.
- Type 2 will be in tune with the emotions of others, but struggle to disconnect if things go wrong and may read too much into a situation
- Type 3 will move forward as a social leader, but can put people on edge when they feel pushed past their comfort zone and can feel impatient with people who aren’t driven in the same way.
- Type 4 will act in thoughtful and smart ways, but might take too long to act and may get stuck in indecision.
Overcome Social Anxiety with Two Simple Steps
You already did the first step: understand your Energy Type.
Step 2 is to use affirmations to draw in positive energy and push away negative thoughts.
These affirmations will help you balance your chakras and overcome social anxiety. They can help you avoid feeling depleted or getting overly focused on nonrealities. Right now, stop and repeat this affirmation out loud:
“I am attracting the people I’m comfortable with into my space.”
Speak the truths into existence and reduce your negative thinking. It is the negative thinking that leads to depleting your energy and attracting negative energy to fill the void.
30 Positive Affirmations for Social Anxiety
Here are 30 more affirmations to help reset your thinking and declare your intentions to overcome social anxiety. If any of these feel bad as you read them, STOP and replace it with something less dramatic—it simply means you aren’t quite ready for that truth yet.
But circle back, because (with practice) soon all of these affirmations should become natural thought patterns.
- I am willing to let go of things I can’t control.
- My life is full of good things and wonderful people.
- Meeting new people is something I enjoy.
- I am a calm person.
- I connect with people easily and make eye contact.
- My power can’t be extinguished.
- Relationships are a good part of my journey.
- I am confident.
- Nothing can stop me.
- I love myself.
- I accept who I am and I have high self-esteem.
- People love and accept me for who I am.
- I have a lot to offer.
- I am good at starting conversations and have great social skills.
- I am happy with who I am.
- Other people find me interesting because I am interesting.
- I am at ease in a group and comfortable with the social experiences I create for myself.
- I am a comfortable and friendly person.
- I enjoy both listening to others and talking.
- I am worthy of love and I have so much to offer.
- I am worthy of feeling comfortable around strangers.
- I am a good friend.
- I am a skilled professional.
- Love and happiness radiate from me.
- I have endless potential.
- I draw new friends toward me with my energy.
- People can see my unique spirit and higher self.
- Social settings are easy and I handle them with grace.
- My energy flows in a closed loop with the universe: what I give, I take.
- Everything is possible and within my reach.
Figure 8 Energy Technique
You can use the figure 8 energy technique during any point of daily life to bring the right people into your energy exchange. It is so important that you first complete your intentions/affirmations, so you are drawing positive energies towards you with positive thoughts. Nothing good comes when you try to attract energies and your own energy is toxic from negative thoughts!
The first step is to create a sideways figure eight pattern (like an infinity symbol) with your hands in all directions. Start by making the figure eights going out in front of you. Then, do them to the sides. This technique pushes your energy waves in front of you, drawing connective energies and new friends to you like a magnet. It seems so simple, but it works so well!
You Don’t Have to Love Social Events
The goal here isn’t to make you love to go into big groups and meet strangers.
We don’t want to fight a natural part of who you are. The goal is to rid yourself of social anxiety by understanding your Type and accepting your approach as valid.
We are all different, so there isn’t one “right” way to be social!
And, much more often than not, people are too worried about their own struggles to even notice the things impacting your self-esteem. How often do we lie awake or feel anxiety later about something you did or said in front of others that no one else gave a second thought to?
I want you to give yourself the same room you give other people to be who they are. I want you to realize that everyone naturally feels certain degrees of discomfort and insecurity. But this technique will help you overcome social anxiety and end the extreme discomfort that makes it hard for you to relax in social situations.
Bring Affluence to All Areas of Your Life
Telling yourself positive things through affirmations is how we align our thinking with our intentions. Try it out! You will be amazed at how you can change your mental health and feelings just by repeating positive thoughts.
I have many more details in my highly rated book Mastering Affluence, covering six areas where you can bring positive things into your life. Jessica is one of hundreds who purchased Mastering Affluence on Amazon and other platforms and gave it a 5-star rating. She noted:
“This book is smartly organized with activities you can do in a few minutes a day to connect with stuff that’s been holding you back and to gently correct it. This work might feel hard at first but it gets easier as you go. It was SO easy, I actually forgot I had been doing it…Every single thing that has showed up for me since I worked through this book has felt right for me on every level. It’s been surreal, and I’m telling everyone I know about it.”